1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tires- need help which is best

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by devinraptor, Oct 2, 2012.

1. devinraptor

devinraptor Junior Member

I am in need of new tires for my plow pick ups. Could someone point me towards the best tire out there. I need a tire that will be good the other 9 months of the year while were cutting grass and will still be good to plow in the winter and not rob me of fuel in the summer. Help please!
  2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

bfgoodrich all terrain or goodyear duratrac. check treadwright retreads also
  3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Hankook rf10
  4. devinraptor

devinraptor Junior Member

Any one ever have any problems with the retreads?
  5. Buy some treadwrights
  6. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

ive had 2 sets not a problem with either

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Well R&R runs treadrights and hs no problems for the most part.I personaly run COOPER Dicovery on my 250 and have had no problem at all just like all truck tires you need to keep rotating them about evey 4-6 months depending on the miles you put on them
  8. 4-6 months would put me at 25000 miles
    I rotate every month and use balance beads, no wheights on my rims.
  9. jimv

jimv Senior Member

i use treadrights tires there are great for the money

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

well I said I rotate mine evey 4 I dont put on nearly as may as you do even in a year thats why my ride has only 52.684 on it for a 97 250 :D
  11. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i run firestone transforce at they are great
  12. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

I'm running recaps that are the similar design to Bf Goodrich TA KO. I have run these for years and average 20k miles out of them, i have also ran the Courser MSR which in my opinion is an awesome snow tire but they wear fast in the summer months. I f i was to run new tires and wanted all year long wear i would go with the Goodyear Duratracs.
  13. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

Anyone run Nokian tires? Looking at the Rotiva AT's. They are more popular in Canada.
  14. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Had BFgoodrich AT's. Didn't like how they wore. I went with Yoko Geolanders. I'm satisfied with their performance year round.