1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires- Looking for Suggestions

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by eric02038, Jan 2, 2013.

1. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

Looking to get some new tires, any suggestions? I was thinking either Goodyear Silent Armor or Hankook Dynapro
  2. 08SnowPusher

08SnowPusher Member

If you are looking for a dedicated snow/winter tire Nokian Hakkapeliitta's are the way to go.
  3. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

Mastercraft courser MSR's as skinny as you can go. I personally run 245's and run them year round even though they are snow tires
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What are your primary deciding factors? Appearance? Performance - in what conditions? Treadlife? Noise?

Or just get round tubeless pneumatic tyres.
  5. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

I put General Grabber AT2 on my dually in june. They give good wet and dry traction and seem to be doing pretty good in the snow so far. I got a killer deal on them 1500 bought and installed.
  6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Im really liking these Copper Discovery AT3's. I am done with General Grabber AT2's, this last set has a whoppin' 8800 miles since new and I have 6 and 7/32 left, I think they are absolute junk! Again, these Cooper's are doing well so far.
  7. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

I had Yokahama Geolander A/T's on my 05 Ram 3500. I got 75000 miles from them. Just installed another set and they are wearing well. Got them at discount tire. Free rotations every 5,000 miles. Well worth it with a big truck.
  8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have yet to see a set of these Discovery tires.
  9. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

I have a set of hankook dynapro atms on one truck... very good traction in all conditions and seems to wear like iron. Also have a set of 10 ply BFG all terrains on the diesel and plowed all last storm in 2 wheel drive seemed to have excellent grip.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

I like summer and winter sets. Tall and skinny for the winter....

My last set of Wranglers were cheap and worked great in snow/ice considering how aggressive they were. Although they are not the most sylish combination it can equate to wearing dress shoes to shovel sidewalks.
  11. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

I am not a fan of the stock 285-70-17 BFG AT's on my wagon

I think the truck is just geared so low it puts too much torque to the wheels and they spin real easy (I can 4wd drift the truck with ease too (2wd, kinda a joke).

Granted they are 1/2 warn but I was expecting OMG traction from them based on reviews....and I hate how they throw rock like a MOFO!

Next set is Toyo M/T's or Nitto Trail (With added siping), the AT's tend to pack up easy and not clean out as well.
  12. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

I just got a set of Hankook Dynapro Atm's installed this weekend. So far they seem good but the true test will be in the snow
  13. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

I actually have the TA KO'S whether they are different from what you are talking about im not sure... All i know is that with only about 300lbs in the bed i hardly had to take it out of 2wd granted it was only 3" but i plow driveways and some are pretty steep.

Have the dynapro's on my 1500 they are awesome. the ride is great and ive got about 40k on them and they only look about half worn
  14. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

im running nitto m/s 275 70 17 with 94k miles for about 18 months an still hv about 1/4 left on rears
    and i plow the town and tow a 6500# trailer 3 days a week avg 1500 ml round trip
  15. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Agreed, I have the Rugged Trails on my pickup and absolutely hate them.
  16. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I see you already have tires but for anyone reading this thread... The Nitto Dura Grapplers suck. They are wearing for crap and are dry rotted. I have. Them in a 285/75 17
  17. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I am on my third season with Dynapros. Run them all year and gotta say I am very happy with them. Got about 20k on them so far.
  18. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

I got dynapro atm on the dually now i run all year round alot of highway and alot of snow and rain they hold good on road since i do 100 every where i go lol and same in snow and rain. i was very impressed with the wear on these and how good they perform in the snow until this year they are getting worn so not so good in snow but still great on the road. i was going to get another set but got good deal on goodyear sra wranglers for 800.00 all 6 so i going that way this year they are said to be very good we will see.
  19. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Hankook Dynapro Best tire I ever ran I have winter set on every truck
    They last me 5-6 yrs since they are only winter tires I think they hold well+ I have studs in all them