1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires Lets talk tires

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by A6A6, Dec 16, 2013.

1. A6A6

A6A6 Junior Member

Whats up fellas. Hope everyone had a little fun in the white gold last week in the North East. I'm looming for some tires for my 2001 Ram 2500 for snow, and year round driving. Good for rain and hopefully helping gas mileage.. what you guys got in mind

2. NicholasMWhite

NicholasMWhite Senior Member

Not necessarily helping gas mileage, but I have been running Tread Wright Wardans for a while now: www.treadwright.com

Aren't necessarily good on gas, but they are cheaper to purchase to make up for it.

3. A6A6

A6A6 Junior Member

Gas mileage nut being my first priority, if it's a good tire than that's what I'm looking for. Even I'm not plowing, I'm hauling material and in New York, we tend toto get a lot of each season. I even consider buying a extra set of rims for snow tires and a good set off all terrain for the other 8 months of the year.. I'll look into these though. Never really heard much about them

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  4. Botchy5967

Botchy5967 Member

Some off the top of my head that myself and a few buddy's take a beating and hold up well in the mileage + snow department.

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor / All Terrain Adventure ( new design )
    BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO
    Mastercraft Courser AXT
    Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain

5. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Grab a second set of wheels and do it right. Get some summer rubber on new alloys. Get some Firestone Winterforce LTs on the OE rims.

6. mksent02

mksent02 Member

For an all season tire at a pretty good price the definity dakota at2 from pep boys works good. think original cooper discoverer. I like 'em. Make sure You get the lt's. I have them on 2 trucks in 285 75 16. I'm sure the bigger tires don't help with mileage!

7. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

Dayton timberline commercial a/t

Less aggressive than most all terain tires yet plenty of traction for snow and mud.

8. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

Bridgestone duller revo s are great snow and ice tires and have long life. I have Goodyear duratracs on a truck that are great too but probably not a long lived good mileage tire.

9. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Spot on! I have the Dura-Tracs and they're awesome.....but my truck isn't my DD. The Revos are an outstanding blend.

10. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

My only advice is if you work on mostly level ground or small grades AT will be fine. If you have long steep drives then get aggressive winter tires on a dedicated set of wheels.

11. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

This 100%
    Just go some winter force this year. They are like tank tracks in the snow.
    Awesome

12. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

X3 on this advice.

13. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I've run the Goodyear Silent Armors in the past and they were a good snow tire. Now I'm running the new Toyo Open Country AT2. They have a more aggressive tread pattern than the original Toyo AT. Not too much snow up my way yet for a full on report but so far I think the silent armors were better in the snow.