1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tires help please!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by KelleyZP, Oct 20, 2009.

1. KelleyZP

KelleyZP Member

i have been putting it off for a while, but its time to replace them. Any suggestions on good tir, that looks somewhat aggressive... and doesnt break the bank? stock 2003 F250 CrewCab Also can anyone suggest suspension? something that can handle with less sag from plow thanks so much

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

discover makes a nice tire stt or the mastercraft courser mt

3. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

I just bought Good Year DuraTracs, I like em so far, but might be pricey, I used to use Bridgestone Dueler APT's on my 03 F350 diesel...I loved them, great inexpensive all around tire, got great traction...if they made a larger size (I have lift and larger tires) I would still be using them

4. revtoyota

revtoyota Member

5. T&M SnowMan

hmmm...another toy for the toy...not that I need them...but the wife doesnt need to know that...everything I get for the truck I explain it to the wife like its the state of emergency that I get it..haha...then she says yeah yeah just get it and shut up...works for both of us...I stop buggin her and she says yes...I win..haha

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Good thing you started a new thread. There haven't been any new threads about tires in probably a half day. I would get some drag slicks. Make sure they are Load Range Z, with a fifty ply rating.

7. T&M SnowMan

lol...theres a new tire thread every day, every 8 hours even...I think someone should start another one....maybe about atv tires to change it up

8. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Toyo Open Country A/T's and easy enough to upgrade your front springs, or timbrens as often discussed.

9. T&M SnowMan

I heard very good things about the Toyos, seen a set on a truck around here, has a good deep tread on them, was impressed.

10. Ryan03

Ryan03 Junior Member

I just found out today that Cooper Discovery M S tires are discontinued:mad:

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Brilliant move by Cooper. I run MasterCraft MSR. Very similar, cheaper.

12. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I like BFG at/ko's myself have used them on every truck I've owned and plowed with.

13. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

14. revtoyota

revtoyota Member

I have had very good luck with yokohama geolandar m/t plus have them on 2 trucks.

15. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

yeah the yokos are good tires