1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires for plowing?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by caddytruck89, Nov 11, 2009.

1. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

These are cooper zeon ltz. What do you think? Good for moving snow?? I have 20" rims, and am not finding very many all terrain tires available. Any one seen or used these. Price is very reasonable.

!BeUHP+!B2k~$(KGrHqIH-EQEreTmN+OeBK8wr6b-Dg~~_35.jpg

2. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Look sweet to me, looks like they should work to me :nod:

3. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

the tread looks pretty decent, however your avatar picture makes me cringe.... LOL

Matthew

4. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe you should put up a couple dozen more posts asking the same question.

Seems to be a trend today.

6. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

my brother has a set of those coopers and they are big lug mud tires go for those

7. caddytruck89

Just trying to find the best place to get educated responses. It seems that your response does not fall into that category. But I truly appreciate it.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Usually big mud tires have big voids. Also, usually big mud tires suck in the snow.

9. caddytruck89

I can vouge for that tried using bfg mud tires one year. Big mistake!!

10. caddytruck89

Those are not mud tires by any means. I run Nitto mud grapplers in the summer. Now those are some MUD tires.

!BYKkjDwB2k~$(KGrHgoH-D0EjlLlt1SHBKgGN,S3D!~~_12.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Now those are big mud tires!

12. caddytruck89

They are the noisiest worst wearing tires i"ve ever owned But the look so bad a$$ !! When i say loud i mean loud. Like at 75 80. You have to yell at your passengers. Awesome!!!

13. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

The ULTIMATE snow tire. The ULTIMATE plowing tire.
    Michelin LTX A/T²
    For the price of around $150-$170 per, these tires will last you for years on and off the snow.
    Very low road noise and great traction.

Michelin and it's testers are so pleased with this tire that they are going to actually stop making the BFGoodrich T/A KO and market these ones as their better choice.

(Michelin owns BFGoodrich and as of last year, Uniroyal, as well)

Hands down, the best company to purchase a tire from. HANDS DOWN.

I havent had them on snow yet, but by what my dealer says, (The same guy I have been going to for years....he is a tire whacko), these tires are the best he has ever seen.
    He was actually given a set last winter to use. He also took his truck through the Vermont mountains with them while he was camping. He was mudding and climbing rocks, as well.
    The guy said he hasnt seen a better all-around tire.

I will say this, I have used tires that have odd/mudding tread styles such as those cooper zeons....They are great for looks, but snow does impact the gaps and causes you to loose traction when the snow is thick and wet.

I'm no expert. Just my 2 cents.
    You can also pick up the Michelins at BJ's or Costco. Both of those stores have $70 off a set specials just about every other month.

14. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Michelin and the BF's that they are replacing.
    One more thing, I hope you don't plan on purchasing a tire with a small sidewall like those Zeon's, do ya?
    The most recommended tire to use is a 245/75/16 or a 245/something over 60/rim size.

TA KO.jpg

Attached Files:

15. caddytruck89

Not doubting you at all, but those tires just don't have a very agressive pattern at all. Look kinda like Big car tires. My wheels are 20" So they have to be low profile. I can't stand the tiny wheels big side wall look. 1985 called and they want there 15" rims back!!

16. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

I run Nitto Terra Grapplers on mine and they rock! They are quiet too.

tire.jpeg