1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires for plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RCsLawncare, Oct 24, 2008.

1. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

I just got a 2003 GMC 2500HD and am going to run a 8.2 BOSS V-Plow and was wondering which tires would be best for the weight. Thank you!
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Weight isn't the issue...Traction is.

I like Cooper Discoverer M/S studded snow tires.

Run @ least 500# ballast weight behind the rear axle and you'll be pushing good.
  3. beano

beano Member

I have the Bridgestone Duler A/T Revo's and love them. Just put on the second set this week. Good all around tire and i have the heavier duty ones, load range E and can run more weight than my truck can hold. Just personal preference but that's my choice.
  4. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

I just got a great deal on a set of these from Sears.

The techies who run their website messed up and forgot to adjust the price from $154.99 to $184.99 when they ran the ad for buy 3 get 1 free promotion. So I got a set of 4 installed out the door for $563 today. The manager who had to honor the price contacted corporate right away and they've since changed the price to $184.99.

These are one of the better rated tires for the price IMHO.

Tried them out on wet pavement today and me likes em!
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

A tall thin tire is best for plowing.
  6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

hmm I thought I replied to this earlier, but I must of hit the back button instead of posting or something.

anyways, I ordered 285/75/16's Dunlop Radial Rover AT's for mine and my brothers 2500hd's today. got em from discounttiredirect for $154 each and no tax and free shipping. We are mounting them at a friends shop so thats free too :D
  7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

For traction Blizzak tires
  8. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

BF Goodrich Radial All Terrain TA KO 235 85 16 on that truck, load range E