1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires for F350

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by terraventure, Jan 28, 2004.

1. terraventure

terraventure Member

What tire manufacturer and model do you reccomend. I have Goodyear Workhorse radials on my 96 f350PSD dump. I need new tires and I would like a reccomendation on All Season tires and snow and ice specific tires.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

All season are not the best choice for plowing. What you have is good and I've used them, but now I have Cooper Discoverer M&S on my 3500 and it's made a lot of improvement.
  3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

If you are buying tires just for plowing, I would look at the Blizzacs. By far, the best snow tire I have ever seen.

If you are keeping the tires on all year, I would look at the BFG A/T's. All terrains are fine for plowing. I use mud tires and like them a lot. Many people here will disagreee with using mud tires.
  4. Plowanator

Plowanator Junior Member

Yea Im running mud tires on my jeep 33x12.5x15s Pro Comp X-Terrains and all they do is get traction.. How ever I recomend the Cooper ST tire. or the GoodYear ATS they are wild tires inthe snow.... the ST have a real aggressive tread bit they a tight together for crazy snow tracktion.. the ATS' are great on my friends dump and they have a great snow traction rating.. try www.TireRack.com and look fro snow traction ratings. Hope this helps!
  5. jscott

jscott Junior Member

Try this link. These tires are made for ice and snow. Everyone I know who has them is very satisfied with their performance & wear life. I am going to order a set for my new truck. Some of the other dedicated snows work great for a short while but are soft and wear quickly. These will last.