1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires for F350 dually

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Milwaukee, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Have f350 dually with 11k gvwr.

For now it have dunlop it highway tires. I been look at tirerack but for some reason they don't list firestone tires.

My former 01 f250 I bought firestone transforce HT that was great but don't think it work great in snow due big space between tread.

I was look around and saw this one. Look too good for price. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...r=1987&autoModel=F350 4wd Dualie&autoModClar=

Or anyone know great tires that will last 60K miles? It will use for haul heavy load and carry 5K lb in bed.

I will never never own goodyear or cooper. Goodyear is only great for small car not heavy truck. Cooper is great last forever but they are way prone to weather rot and blister in tires.

2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Are you plowing with this truck or just towing?
    Is it 2 or 4 wheel drive?
    I read somewhere that those cont. tires don't have good traction. I am not saying this first hand only what I've heard. I'm not sure what a constant 5000lbs in the bed will do to the life/ mileage, but I know first hand that on a 2wd dually as a daily driver and occasion load you can easily get 60,000 miles on the rear tires.

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

and that was with firestone AT tires load range E

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Plan use that f350 next winter plow snow.

I know Continental tires are HORRIBLE until our 2011 F250 came with it. It turn to be decent good tires for snow expect ice.

They last FOREVER from my research but traction get worst when they aged.

F350 is 2wd not 4wd since tirerack didn't show opinion for 2wd only 4wd.