1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires for an 05 F-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Big Dog D, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Anybody out there have any luck with locating either a snow or all season tire for their F-350 yet?? I have looked at all of the Manufacturers web sites and none of them make a 275/70R18. My tire guy has been looking for a couple of days and hasn't had any luck finding anybody who makes them.

2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

have you tried General Tire?

3. Big Dog D

Yes as well as Goodyear, Firestone, Bridgestone, Continental, Cooper, Michelin, Dunlop, Uniroyal, BFG, to name a few.:( :( :(

4. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Holy smokes...that's hard to believe. The year must still be too new for them to be making tires for it. I know this is a shot in the dark...how about your local Ford dealer?

I would imagine, that if anyone could get their hands on a set...it would be them? Just a thought

5. Big Dog D

Best I can tell is the only thing available is the Continentals that come stock. The truck has 28000 miles on it now and the tires are less than what I want for plowing. I bought a set of rims off of E-bay for the truck with the intent of setting up a set of "winter tires" but now can't find any. :(

6. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I hear Kumho makes a great winter tire. As for your size, I'm not sure

7. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

why arnt the 350 tires the same as the 450 and 550's?

8. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

The 05 350s have 18s on them the 450/550 are 18.5.I feel your pain i have a 05 and i got stuck on some hosta plants at a customers house had to get out and lock the hubs.Those contracs stink big time.I have rugged trails on my 05 quad cab they are great and there 17s.Hopefully they come out with some 18s

9. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

The 450's and 550's are actually 19.5" not 18.5".
    BFG makes 18" AT'S, try 4Wheel Parts Wholesalers, they have them on their website.

10. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

check out nitto tires, cooper tires, and bfg's i no they all have 18s in the 285 range

11. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

SORRY i ment 19.5.As far as 4wheel parts wholesaler the BFs are only Ds not Es.If they were i would have bought them

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a set of 17" wheels for mine so I could get the Cooper M&S. Still waiting, but supposedly they are on the way.

And yes, the Conti's suck in a really big way.

13. Big Dog D

Will the 17'' wheels fit the 05 F-350's?????

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I was told by someone on FTE that they will fit. I know, I know, everything you read on the Internet is true. lol

As far as I know, about the only difference between 250's and 350's is the 17" vs 18" wheels. I like the way the 18"s fill out the wheel well better, but I'm not too thrilled with the tire selection.

15. BDB

BDB Senior Member

Any 8 lug 170mm bolt pattern will work on that truck. 99' Super duty stock wheels and up. After market you will have to check backspacing. I have 16x8 wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler 305-70R16 tires and they are a load range E. Smaller wheels will give you more rubber choices. But bigger is better....right!!! Except for snowplowing. Well I haven't had any problems with mine in the snow but they are 12.4" wide. I think they perform as well if not better than my BFG AT 285-75R16...1" narrower and load D.

16. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Like it was said above call your local Ford dealer tomorrow, if they are a "Around the Wheel" dealership then they can get tires and be very competitive with the Merchants and NTB's and other tire shops. The mark up on tires at the dealerships is very little these days.

17. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

they will NOT WORK 2005 and up only.Ford went with larger rotors in 2005 and there is not enough clearance with 16s, thats why you need 17 or 18s