1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires for a 97 k2500 diesel long bed.

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by lanomed, May 25, 2015.

1. lanomed

lanomed Junior Member

I bought a 97 K2500 with a plow to replace my 2000 nissan 4x4 after it was totaled. The Chevy came with 225 tires as factory the tires on it are 245's and need to be replaced, What size is recommended for a plow/ daily driver? First time plow owner but long driveway.

2. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

265 75 16 is the best size tire to put on those trucks. Had 3 of them and that's the best size for looks and traction.

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

265's will look nice but they'll be to wide to run chains if needed. They're also a little wide for a stock wheel since it came with 225's. I suggest 235/85/16 E. No wheel size issue, can run chains, great winter traction and cheaper than 265's.

4. lanomed

lanomed Junior Member

tires

Thanks for the input folks. I will probably go with the 235s.

5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Check out the search feature. This has been beaten to death a gazillion times.