1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tires for 02 2500hd extended cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 00bluegtp, Jun 13, 2011.

1. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

I am looking to get a new set of tires for my truck. i will be using them year round so they must be all seasons and must be decent in the snow. what do you guys recomend?

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Goodyear Silent Armor. They are a great all around tire and wear like steel.

3. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

285 70 16 bridgestone dueler revo A/T best tires I ever bought lasted 60000 miles and are very good in all seasons and very quiet on the highway would highly recommend them

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Round tubeless pneumatic. Only way to go.

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

No on the silent armor. 3 sets wore out within 20k with proper alignment and rotation. Though they did do great in snow, just not a good tire for carrying weight and trailering all season. This is on a 2000 2500 4x4. Round tubeless pneumatic is the way to go though

6. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Mastercraft Courser A/t2

7. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

I have the silent armors on one truck right now, it has 42k on them and I'll probably get another 3-4k out of them. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't seem to stay balanced, they wore crapy at first but then they were ok. Going to put bfg at ko's on when it's time, seemed to have better luck with those, both where good in the snow and mud.

8. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

My truck had a nearly new set of Toyo Open Country A/T's 265/75/16 on it when I bought it wiht 91k on it. Got about 25k out of them...I'd say they lasted roughly 30k with the bulk of that being unloaded commuting miles, plowed my own driveway and some hevaly loads of firewood, gravel, etc. They were good tires. Decent traction in all conditions.

Now running Firestone Transforce A/T in 265/75/16. Nice ride, smooth, quiet and the traction thus far has been excellent. Had them on now for about 6-7k and they are showing no signs of wear to my eyes. I read alot of reviews on them and they seem to be a good choice for a 3/4 ton truck that gets driven alot with a load. Most owners reported that they held us extremely well, even for over the road haulers in places like Michigan.