1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires and Wheels Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TA Player, Mar 25, 2003.

1. TA Player

TA Player Junior Member
    from US

I know nothing about Chevy trucks. My father has a '72 Chevy Full Size. I have a set of Tires and Wheels from a '98 Trans Am, 16x8, 5 bolt, 4 3/4 pattern, 6.78 Offset - will they fit my father's truck - and if so, what adapters/condsiderations need to be made? Thanks!

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure in 72, all pick ups had 6 lug wheels. I had 2 friends that had 1970 trucks, one was 4wd, and the other was 2wd, and both had 6 lug wheels.

~Chuck

3. TA Player

TA Player Junior Member
    from US

Thanks - I check my father's truck and it is 5 lug - I just need the spacing and offset capabilities...

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I'm pretty sure the bp on the truck is 5x5" Not 100% sure of that however.

I think the s10's and cars had the 5x4.75" bolt pattern, some jeeps and older Mopars had a 5x4.5"and then goes the 6x5.5" and so on

-John

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

I don't believe they fit.They will fit a smaller truck,like an S10 or Blazer/Jimmy.

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I thought the S-Blazers ran a six lug. I have a set of Chevy truck wheels that fit my Toyota six lug perfectly. Not sure where they came from though.

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

All S-Series trucks were 5 bolt.The 6-bolt rims came on some C\K Series pickups.

8. TA Player

TA Player Junior Member
    from US

Here's what I got from asking around - tell me if it sounds right: 1/2 ton are 5 bolt/4.75 spacing (standard GM). 3/4 ton are six bolt...

6.75 back spacing will work, depending on whether and/or how much the truck is lowered.

Sound right?

Thanks for the help!