1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires and shocks on 1500 4x4

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DestroyerOfSenses, Oct 2, 2003.

1. DestroyerOfSenses

DestroyerOfSenses Junior Member

I've been looking at the 33 inch Pro Comp Mud Terrains or All Terrains for my '94 Silverado 1500 4x4. How are these tires? They have them on sale buy 3 get one free @ $154.99 each. I was told since I have a 3 inch body lift the 33's will fit. Does running a larger tire such as the 33's pose and threat to reliability in the front end?

The Pro Comp shocks are also on sale buy 3 get one. How are these shocks? Good or crap? I'm looking at the ES3000, ES9000, or MX-6. Any other recommendations are appreciated.

2. yako

yako Member

good mud tires

those r pretty good mud tires but will be horrible in the snow. they have too big of a foot print and will make you ride on top of the snow. if you go with a narrower tire it will go through the snow to the pavement alot better. you will also get worse gas mileage and less miles on the tire than an all terrain. also the road noise. but they would look pretty good, and all you friends would be calling you to pull them out of the mud.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Cooper Discoverer AT's have a good meaty tread,are great in the snow,and reasonably priced.Take a look at them.
  4. DestroyerOfSenses

DestroyerOfSenses Junior Member

How about the shocks?
  5. wyldman

wyldman Member

I haven't heard much about them.I'm not a big fan of fancy shocks,as most of the decent gas charged parts store shocks do just as good,if not a better job.