1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires again...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MarkEagleUSA, Apr 13, 2011.

1. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

I know I'll probably get slammed for not searching but I did. Unfortunately I couldn't find a conclusive answer to my question and since a lot of money is involved I'd like to be sure beforehand.

1997 2500, RCLB, 8600 GVW, 5.7 Auto, 245/75-16's on factory steel wheels

Will 285/75-16's bolt right on without any mod's other than maybe cranking the T-bars? Will they mount on the factory rims or do I need to buy wider ones?

I've got my heart set on some Goodyear DuraTrac's. The best prices I've found are online and I really don't want to have to return anything.

2. What are waiting for. Yea they fit fine I have them on mine.

3. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Ya they'll fit. While running a plow on the front, you may rub while also turning the wheel. It seems to differ from truck to truck.

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes they will fit fine no problem!

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Get round tubeless pneumatic tires. I've been using them for years with no problems.