1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tires? 97-3/4 ton

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cameron2171, Sep 7, 2014.

1. cameron2171

cameron2171 Senior Member

not sure if this is the right section to post this but anyway, i have a 97 chevy 2500 single cab and im in the market for new tires definatly going to need some before the snow flies. currently i am running cooper discoverer a/t size lt 255/85/16. these tires arnt bad and actually went really well in the snow but unfortunatly i only have about 30k on them and one of them is already at the wear bars i was wondering what you guys would recomend from your personal experiences. i need something that can handle alot of weight because i sell firewood and also something decent on the high way because i travel on the weekends. lastly i go in the woods alot to get firewood so it would be nice to have a tire thats decent in dirt and mud. just wondering what you guys would recomend thanks in advance !

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Bfg all terrains.

3. cameron2171

those are good in snow thoug?

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That's why I recommended them...

5. jimslawnsnow

jimslawnsnow PlowSite Fanatic
    from mn

Coopers poop out to fast. I have two sets of rims for my plow truck. Winter and the other seasons. Coopers in the winter and Michelin's for other seasons

6. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I really didn't like my bfg all terrains. Wore out too fast and only had goof traction when they were new. I had good luck with my kumho road venture KL61's. If you can't get winter and summer separate tires I would go with what I mentioned above or dick cepekfun country's or duratracs. Those are both excellent tires and I have 45k on my current cepeks

7. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Those cepeks last forever.

8. cameron2171

i have heard good about cepecks but were can you get them

9. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I bought mine online. Just do a Google search and compare prices.

10. Citrausa

Citrausa Member

Good question posted. So which Cepeks did you purchase?

11. cameron2171

what is the most common tire people plow with ?

12. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

The Cepeks I use are the FC-II

13. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

I've had good luck with Cooper ST MAXX,I'd also look at Goodyear Dura-Trac.Good luck.

14. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Another "what tire" post? Ugh.....been beaten to death. Click the search button. Hundreds of threads with more info than you'll ever need.