1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tires 275/70/18?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by simoncx, Jan 30, 2011.

1. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

It's time for new tires and was wondering what everyone is running? I've been looking at bfg at k/o's or goodyear duratrac's but am hearing the gy's have sidewall flex on heavier diesel trucks. Anyone have the gy's on a diesel?

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Sidewall flex. :laughing:

With the height of the rubber on these trucks, they are all going to have sidewall flex. Buy whatever you like and remember that it's a heavy duty truck, not a sports car.

3. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

Thats kind of what I was thinking, never had a issue with side wall flex on any of the other trucks

4. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

The Duratracs are excellent tires. Many here run them with great results. I personally know a guy who loves them as well.

5. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

im runnin 285/75/16E bfg at ta/kos..they are nice but kill my mileage. last year i ran 265/75/16e dueler at revos. best tires ever. thats what im goin back to