1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tires 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RLM, Nov 1, 2013.

1. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I have been running 235/85 R16 for years on my trucks. On most of my trucks . My 2009 came with 265/70 R 17 on it, I have gotten almost 70k on the fronts, & the backs I replaced once, I'm very happy with that. The tires are obvisoly wider which I'm assuming is contributing to why they are lasting longer. In addition they are better off road, they don't tend to sink in our fields like the narrower tire. The 235/85 R 16 I'm only getting 15k out of a set. Any imput on tire sizes ? I'm probably going to try treadrights on this truck.

2. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

I run 285/70/17 on my 09 2500HD I get about 30,000 miles out of them, so far no problems plowing. I like the extra height. I need some this year I may down size to a 265/70/17 instead about 1/2 inch lower.

3. durallymax

durallymax Senior Member

I run Michelin LTX AT2s on our trucks for the summer and two of them I switch out to snow tires for winter.

We got 50k on the set of AT2s that came on our 2011 which is the most we've ever gotten on tires but the winter traction was poor. Since they do not make the W965 Blizzaks for 18" wheels I put winterforce LT's on it for the winter. They work great. Tried some Duelers in the spring an they wore off in less than 30k. Back to the Michelins now but a different size as their OEM sizes have a different tread pattern and less tread.

The other two trucks run 265/75R16s. Michelins will be staying on the one through the winter so I will be able to see how the different tread design performs. That truck does not have to do any plowing or anything so it will be fine. The other truck runs W965 Bridgestone Blizzaks for plowing in the winter. Going to retire it from a lot of plowing this winter though and do most of it with the Fendt.

The michelins will outwear any tire by far but you pay for it. I set up a national fleet account with them and the savings on tires are very nice. I use them on everything from tractors to skid steers, semis , cars and pickups.