1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tired of Winter (already)

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Sno4U, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Well, last Monday, we got some very wet, heavy sloppy snow (not even plowable) for most of my clients, this past Sunday we got hit w/ a mid weight storm of wet heavy snow, and now today (Wed.) we're gonna have another 3-5" storm.
    I'm friggin' tired of it already. NO time for anything else. I've got a 10 ft blade to mount onto a loader I bought and it just aint happening. I've still got to p/u our Jeep from the shop this morning, get my salter topped off, talk to a client about some issues he has, and get my sidewalk guy set up w/ an adequate amount of salt. Snow by 10 am.
    Just ever just get those repetitive storms where nothing else happens?
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nope :cry: we dont get any storms. if only us east coast guys could be so lucky
  3. gkm

gkm Senior Member

send to us ! face east blow real hard. thanks:eek:
  4. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

waiting for something here! Send it this way lol.
  5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You're in the wrong line of work, my friend. I would give my left nut to get the amount of snow you're getting.
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Says the guy with a Hernia. LOL
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

at least your getting snow...
  8. TEX

TEX Senior Member

**do not take the wrong way**

really? sounds to me like you were not perpared/ready or you may have been the business for to long and might need to hang it up.

I am NOT a plower, comm or other, with that said i understand everything is hittin u at once but thats how it goes sometimes. better to have to much work than none.
  9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

understatement of the day...... too cold for ice cream and too warm for snow:cry::cry:
  10. plowdriver900

plowdriver900 Junior Member

11. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Except of course for going on plowsite!

Look outside, we're getting more now! 3-5'' payuppayup
  12. rick74

rick74 Junior Member

Thats too bad. Wish I had my first snowstorm to plow.
  13. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Ohhh, come on Sno 4 U? What more could you ask for? Watch, January will be snowless and -10 over here in Milwaukee.
  14. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I hate making money to its a PITA :confused:
  15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

WOW i wish i had your problems!:rolleyes:
  16. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

sorry man, your not going to get any love from anyone in here. Your in the wrong line of work if your tired of it. Talk to me in March when u get 3 storms a week. Even then, you might get some love for being "tired", but not for being "tired of it".

Noone is going to just give you money, you gotta work for it.
  17. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Your ARE correct! I AM NOT prepared as I'd like to be. Like I said, I bought this loader and just simply want a little bit of time to set it up and PLAY!!!!(Bigger boys-Bigger toys!) We can do basic plowing for now and carry on w/ normal snow events but, man, this beast will save some time if I can just get it going.
    Been out 3 times in the past 1.5 weeks. Todays, Thurs. and they're calling for lite snow Friday nite w/ a total ending Sat. of 2-4 inches.
    At least maybe tommorrow I can get my blade here, in my shop and start welding.
  18. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I know where you are coming from. This year started with a bang. There are a lot of people that wonder why I am in the business. I have more then enough stuff to cover my properties and I still worry like a little school girl. 11 brokers, 3 of my own plow trucks and 3 full time salt trucks. You would think something has to break.
  19. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

sounds like one of these nights your just gonna have to suck up going home and going to sleep and get that plow on the loader.
  20. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Last couple of years it seems there was no lull, went from landscaping one day to snowplowing the next. Dec. 1st had plowable snows the last 3 years if my memory serves me correctly