1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tired of waiting!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by baddboygeorge, Jan 27, 2007.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

what a year! Haven't had one event the whole year! this is crazy , all we have gotten is flurries or rain , no ice at all! I guess its just not the year for snow in this area!! How is everyone else doing???

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Same here

Nothing yet here..... :realmad: , Maybe about 3/4 of an inch (3 events)...:cry: I am hoping February has some snow for us.. But who the hell knows.
    My fingers are crossed :salute:

3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Umm....just as bad as you. We've had a total accumulation of about 1.5" this whole season with not one plowable event. Check around in the weather and picture forums and you'll see how poorly the rest of us are doing.

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Plowed almost every day since the 14th.payup Got more coming too.:D Got a few 1-3 inchers and then blasted with almost 20 inches in 24 hours the other daypayup payup

5. Quality SR

Hey if you need a hand don't hesitate to call me ill drive the 400-500 miles to get there......
    :salute: :nod: payup payup

6. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

Nothing Here!

Seasonal average is 45".So far a BIG FAT 0!!!

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

One full plow event... and a bunch of lake effect snowfalls, you know... 1" here... 3/4" there... and one salt contract that has generated 3/4 of my income for the season!!! All this in the past two weeks, prior to that, one night (one lot plowed, one salted) and that was ALL!

8. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

This how it's gpne so far,
    1.Dec.3rd salt
    2.Dec. 7th 1."
    3.Jan. 15th 5"
    4.Jan. 26th 3"
    5.Jan. 27th 1"
    and they say maybe another inch by Sunday night
    I normaly have 10-12 events in by now.
    Really how much snow do you guys get in Kentucky anyway?

9. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

You guys normally don't get much snow anyway, do you? maybe this a near normal year for you. I know it seems like the past couple has been above average in snow for areas in southern Illinois.

10. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

i haven't been out to plow my whole route yet this year. Talk about frustrating

11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I'm pretty sure if this keeps up with no plowable snow, ill be clinically insane within the next three to four weeks!!

12. Quality SR

We still have February.....:nod:

13. X-LOWBALLER

X-LOWBALLER Senior Member
    from Toronto

Plowed 4 times and have salted 11 times. We salted 9 of those 11 times since Jan. 14 payup

14. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

plowed (1) TIME total accumilation of 1 1/4" did'nt evan make it to my last account before it melted..:dizzy:

15. plowking2

plowking2 Junior Member
    from IL

"You guys normally don't get much snow anyway, do you? maybe this a near normal year for you. I know it seems like the past couple has been above average in snow for areas in southern Illinois"

Where are you? I live in So. IL and there has not been a plowable event in the last 2 years, I don't think we have even seen 1 inch! I have not even shoveled the walks or had to clean snow off of my truck this year, so how do you figure?

16. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I definitely feel your pain guys, all we've had here in Northern, NJ is a few dustings, STILL HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN TO PLOW ONCE!:cry: :cry: I sure hope we get some plowable snow soon or I may lose it :dizzy: J/K

I WANT SNOW!!!!!:nod: