1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tired of pushing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by drmiller100, Jan 21, 2006.

1. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

ready for a break.

52 accounts or so. snowdd monday 10 inches of wet heavy junk. tuesday night another 8.
    last ngiht another 6, but it was dry fluffy stuff, so easy to push.

thursday night i got home about 6:00 pm, and my kids pointed out they hadn't seen me since monday morning.

4 feet on the flats. i have several accounts I am runing out of room, as I can only stack it about 10 feet up.

forecast is no snow for a week, and that is ok right now.......
  2. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

i'm tired of not pushing
  3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

We had 55 degrees today, I NEED snow badly!!! :realmad: :cry:
  4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Same here, close to 50 degress today. Instead of snow we keep getting rain. :realmad: :realmad:
  5. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

hit sixty here around 10:30
  6. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

60F + yesterday in eastern mass on the coast...before that 2 50F days, and today 40F....towmmarow rain..yay...going to have to sell one of my trucks opr go wortk at stop&shop if this keeps up..lol ya right id rather starve then work there....make it snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dizzy:

BIG DRIFT Member

61 Here in Connecticut satuday
  8. makplow

makplow Senior Member

You can send some are way!!!!!!! We have pleanty of room to stack it around here!!................ :nod:
  9. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

We've had one plowable event so far, and it's been in the 60's all week, I actually did some shrub trimming this week, wish I was plowing though.
  10. LB Landscaping

from Maine

They are saying 3-6 for us Mon/Tues. :bluebounc :bluebounc .
  11. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

And, as usual, 50 miles north we're predicted 1"-3". Not enough.:gunsfiring:
  12. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

lol, ya plenty of room to stack snow here in the north-shore...right next to all of the sudden palm trees that have sprung up due to our 60+ weather

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Wish We Had Some Snow This Is Crazy Weather Where Having For A New England Winter.
  14. JPLTrucking

JPLTrucking Member

My six wheeler is covered in dust. If this keeps up, I will have paid $3000 worth of insurance to insure a lawn ornament. Please snow!!!!
  15. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

guys here in ct its all but over maybe a storm or two left if it gets cold the ground hog in two weeks and thet is a sign of spring is around the coner

BIG DRIFT Member

This is SOOOOOOOOOOO true:cry:
  17. NJBuickRacer

NJBuickRacer Member

This is why I don't rely on just plowing for income. The extra money would be nice, but I'm able to cover expenses just fine without plowing.
  18. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

i dont know about it being "all-over"...i mean here in the north east we can plow up till the 4th week of march, feb and march are the biggiest months for me usually on the north shore of mass..sure the chances of me making alot of $$$$$ this season is over, but i can still pull through and make a good amount if we can get back to atleast average snow fall amounts in the months of feb / mar ....dont give up yet
  19. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Sorry Mick, I'll try to push some your way!!!
  20. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Its funny how every one is giving up on this season. Or the weather man says only 2". We were predicted a 2-5, then 3-7 storm last friday. We got over 12. I was bumming from not plowing since 12/9, Im over that hump now. Spent 21 hours in the truck.