1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tired of plowing?????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steve in Pa., Feb 19, 2003.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

Thank god it has finally stopped snowing for now!!! Been plowing and shoveling for 68 out of 72 hours over the last three days. How about everyone else???? Thought it would never end. We had all plowing finished by 1 am on Monday and just some shoveling left to do so went and got a few hours sleep and wake up to another 3 inches. Was ready to go nutsssssss!!!! Now the fun of non-clients calling and feaking out, wanting dug out or snow hauled away. Have to LOVE the winter :D

2. MLB

MLB Senior Member

not to be insensitive

but some of use would give their left nut for that kind of opportunity.

3. plowman

plowman Junior Member

LOVING IT .I LOVE PLOWING SNOW. BEEN OUT FOR THREE DAYS ,AND ONLY HAD TWO HOURS SLEEP . SEEN A LOT OF TRUCKS GET BUSTED UP TOO ,24" OF SNOW WAS A LOT :D :drinkup:

4. drobson

drobson Senior Member

Well I can honestly say that I'm glad this one is over. Not that I don't like to plow, I love it, but I was running out of places to put the snow. But now that it's done, I'm ready for another storm. Luckily I had no major problems or break downs this storm.

5. 02 F550

02 F550 Junior Member

wow i thought it was a easy storm nice and light no pushing problems must be ford power. but laying under my mack at 1 in the morning wasnt fun when the air system froze up. ohwell its not a snow storm if you dont work on anythng. each truck worked 20 hours for the town it was a nice lil storm.

6. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I want more.........:nod:

7. 02 F550

02 F550 Junior Member

i 2nd that yeeee haaaw:D

8. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i worked 27 hours, i feel good about it all....something supposed to happen saturday but i think its rain here in NJ...new england may get snow!!..thank god my truck didnt break this storm,,deep snow is hard on equipment for sure..but i know all about getting coated in all kinds of fluids when working on a truck during a storm and welds breaking too, i dont miss it!!

9. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Tired of plowing ???? Never

Can't wait till the next storm :waving: This is what we do & we complain when it's not snowing :rolleyes: so I never say I'm tired of plowing.

10. racer67x

racer67x Junior Member

tired of snow yet?

I was out 25 hours sunday into monday,slept 5 hours,17 hours monday into tuesday,then another 8 hours cleaning up wed.
    all that and the plows still hanging on the truck,thank goodness I didn't tear it off,lol
    is it spring yet?

11. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

give me a few days to put the truck back together
    and ill be ready to go

cardoctor

12. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Steve- Be careful what you wish for! You might just get it!

13. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

Bring it on!:D

14. frogman

frogman Member
    from MD

Friday night to Wednesday with a total of 6.5 hours sleep. Averaged 21" around here with the last couple being sleet. I've got 6 trucks working and cut the guys (except me) out every 18 hrs for a 6 hour snooze. Got a new commercial contract and stopped counting the calls. They started to thin out last night, only 3 today. Lost track of what day it was a few days ago.I'm not tired of it, just wanting another. About one of these majors a week would due me fine. Now they're saying stinking rain that will wash away all this beautiful white. It was great while it lasted and I'm hopeful for more of the same. Tired of plowing... not a chance. Bring it on!
    Bob

15. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

23 hours straight in my Bronco on Monday, 1.5 hours of sleep, went to work and wound up clearing parts of the lot that was not done.
    Left at 1 and started at 6 that evening doing cleanups. I hated the snow then but now that I have had some sleep...
    WE NEED MORE SNOW....
    I just have no place to put it.:mad:

16. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I want more :D I was wishing for spring on my second day with no sleep but now i want more, even though I'm still not done with this one. I worked from 1 aam sunday night untill 10pm tuesday night. Got some sleep then went back out at 10am wednesday and worked untill 4am last night stacking snow with the backhoe. now it's about 1pm thursday (I think :confused: ) and I have to back out and do some more stuff. I'm ready for another though, I think monday would work out nice :D

17. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I love plowing too but I needed a break. Was easy snow though, nice and light. :drinkup:

18. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

Enough already. We've been going nonstop. Catching breaks when we can. Now ave. 3-5hrs of sleep a day.

Have 3 backhoes and 3 skidsteers moving snow, and digging out some of our landscape clients, who's snow contractors bailed on them.

Now we're trying to find all the storm drains that got buried on commercial sites.

work a few hours moving the snow, then have to regroup and go salt the frozen drives before the morning rush.

19. myo

myo Senior Member

Ready for more!!!

20. szorno

szorno Senior Member

You bums

You east coast bums got ALL OUR mountain snow !
    :( :( 5 years ago we had 30 inches in 2 days, 2 weeks break and then 24 inches more. It was Wonderful ! We haven't had over 8 inches in a single storm in the last 2 years. We had 5 forest fires within sight of the house last year. Major drought in progress.
    Please return our snow and there will be no questions asked.

lol...:D