1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tired of Electronic Shift on The Fly

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gusdust, Jan 23, 2010.

1. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

My 2000 F250 SD likes to keep me guessing. With no apparent reason , transfer case won't shift. Sticks in 2 hi, 4 hi, 4 lo. I have changed fuses, relays, shift motor, and dash switch. So it's electrical, but where? I have had a helper in cab while I check connections below, etc. Did Ford offer a transfer case floor lever for 2000 auto trans? At this point thats what I would like to do. I have warn hubs so I can get from place to place in the event of dry pavement, but thats a PIA. Any help appreciated. Gus

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  2. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

Yes, you can have the transfer case converted to a manual shift.
    The vacuum lines usually sh!t the bed on them. Ask Bob- Click on the link

http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=579

3. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

Ford did offer a manual 4x4 transfer case, Four of our trucks have them.Did you check the switches on the transfer case or wiring harness for cuts or bad plugs.

4. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Thanks Veggin. Sent them an e mail. How far are you from my hometown Ashland?

5. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Pretty sure , but I'm going to look again. If anything they are worn out from having them off and on again so many times trying to figure it out. OK, it's off to the local junk yards to see what they have. Ford dealer just looked at me like I was nuts. I kicked myself for even going through their door.

6. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member