1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire sizes...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by PlowingHD, Jan 12, 2006.

1. PlowingHD

PlowingHD Junior Member

Anyone out there running 285's with a Boss 8-2 V on a newer Chev HD, and if so how does the 8 Plys hold up to the weight and what did you do about tire clearance? Thinking about mabye going up to a 285. I guess Im ******** like that... Thanks.

JRKRACE Senior Member

I don't know if you would have any clearance issues. I run 285's in the summer, and take then off for 245's in the winter.
  3. payton

payton Senior Member

ive got 285s on my 00 2500. with an 8'2 blade ive not had any issues of rubbing.
  4. SnowBoss

SnowBoss Junior Member

I run the Avon M&S SXT (load range D) 285's studded and sipped tires. With the plow attached, run the tire pressure up to max. I'm not sure of the weight of the 8' "V", (I figured 1K) but I have 16 bags of Ice melt (50# bags) in the bed to offset the plow weight.

Another thing I did was, Raise the torsion bar (bring the front end up) +1.5 inches.

watch your tire pressure! :)
  5. amar

amar Member

I have two HD's both have 8'2" Boss and 285 75 16 BFG AT KO I had to turn up the t-bars to keep them from rubbing while turning.