1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tire size

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rmartin, Nov 1, 2003.

1. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

i just added the x springs with an extra leaf on my 02 f350. What size tire can i upgrade to. What yould the biggest be?
  2. Manx

Manx Senior Member

I run 285's on the stock rim's
    there 32.9" tall

If your looking to get 35's in there, your going to need bigger
    rims thou
  3. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

I have put 35's on a 350 with just the front leveling kits. They were 1-2" of lift. If that is what the "X" springs give you you should be able to run 35's. Like Manx said, you may want to get larger wheels.
  4. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have X-springs and a 3" leveling kit (shackle reverseal), I run 295/75/16's (34X12.50X16). I could run bigger, but I wanted to keep enough room so that when I have the plow mounted with the wheels turned that I would still have plenty of wheel travel. If I were you I wouldn't run any tires that are 11" or wider unless you run lots of ballest. Like me for I run tires that are 12.5" wide, but I also have about 6,000-6,500 lbs in the back of the truck when loaded.