1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire size suggestions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jeffro, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

i'm going to buy new tires for my 84 chevy,,,,which would be better in snow? 31/10.5's or 235/75's?

ive read before on here you guy's mostly like the AT t/a's.......was gonna get them i think as well.

thanks for all help! going to sam's club saturday for new skins.....anyone check there prices?? best anywhere........

Thanks, Jeff

2. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

if they are for the snow and snow only go with the 235s. i just bought some 235/75r/16 for my truck they are cooper disoverers and they are an awesome tire cant wait to try them in the snow.

copper discoverer M&S 002.jpg

3. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

heres another

copper discoverer M&S 003.jpg

4. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

these things are going to be awesome in the snow

copper discoverer M&S 004.jpg

5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

PSD 350

It is nice to see you are so excited about your 810.

But could you please tone it down a bit. Your post's are creating a problem . Can't keep up with demand,.

6. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

just remember were to send the check payup :blush2:

7. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

No problem.

8. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

you the man. also just noticed you and i share the same name must be why your so cool :nod:

9. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

then thats what i'll do. i like the look of the 31's.but i think i remember a blazer i had with those in the winter,,,,kinda squirely in the snow.... the thinner tires dig down dont they?

10. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

thin and tall for snow. fat and tall for mud. i paid 123 for mine. plus i bought rims to which was another 69. but now alls i have to do is put on when ready take off when season over. last a few years this way.

11. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

thin sounds better for me, hell, i dont even know if this thing will last a few years?lol....actually, newer engine and such.....pretty good old truck,best part of it?? it's PAID for!!!!! hate them car payments........thanks for your help !

12. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

no problm. your right about the car payments :(

13. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

yea, i got a car i'm just finishing up paying for.5 whole years it took....never held one that long before. what a drag..........

14. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

PSDF350,
    What size tires do you run the rest of the year. We don't get that many deep snows here, 6" or less at a time. I just run my usual tires 305/70/16. They seem to work pretty well. :waving:

15. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

well, i had some crappy 235's on it, on it wheni bought it. just found some rims because the offset on the ones which were on it werent right, the rims i have now are 15 by 8......how bad wuold the 31's be in snow compared to 235's? i just like the look a little nicer. i'm kinda stuck with sam's club tires because of the cheap prices here for them. they have AT's....MT's i believe as well. i dont know.....

16. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

Boast right now i have what came on it 265/75r/16 (which stink in the snow) but in the spring i plan on putting bigger off road tires on. the snows i bought are 235/85r/16. here we get 120"-180" some storms can be 3' so thats the reason i bought dedicated snows. if you live were theres not much snow run anything becuase it wont matter.

17. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Sams Club

Jeffro

Check out Sams Club web site. They have a lot of tires that are available at your store even if they don't stock them...Chuck

18. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

i went to sams today, i think it was 477 for 4 31 10.50 15's, BFGoodrich AT's.........i went for the "look" instead of snow prowess i guess.
    i ended up taking them and mounting them at my buddies shop, they wanted me to pay for the tires and such before they even mounted them on my truck .....why does that sound like BS to me?? i guess i'm getting a lil crazy at the tender age of 35 eh?

19. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

Jeffro i dont see the savings i paid 666.65 for 5 balanced and mounted cooper dicoverers.

20. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

interesting, where did you get yours from? i was pricing around here and sams seemed the cheapest?

BTW, tried them out a touch, grips way better than the old junk,,,,what ever comparison that is?