1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire size question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by windsorguy, Jan 12, 2005.

1. windsorguy

windsorguy Junior Member

I have a '02 Chevy Silverado 2500HD sitting at stock ride height and i was wondering what size tires i can put on without having to worry about them rubbing inside the wheel wells. Also what brands of tires should i consider?
  2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

first what do you want outa your tires? milage noise winter only ect?

265's fit with absolutly no problems. I have been eyeing some 255's since they are a bit more narrow than the 285's. people run the 285's and most dont have any rubbing but need to do some slight mods to get em to work.
  3. GPB

GPB Member

I run 265's on mine and they fit fine. One of my subs put 285's on his and he needed to do some trimming with the sawzall to get the fronts to work.
  4. Country Manor

Country Manor Junior Member

285/75/16 BFG AT's with no hacking away on anything.
    2003 2500HD Crew Cab LT Duramax w/ 7.5 Western Pro
    Stock truck, no Timbrens, No problem.
    :gunsfiring: ALL Weathermen
  5. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

285/75/16 and you will not rub, but you will have to crank up the torsion bars :waving:
  6. windsorguy

windsorguy Junior Member

I need something good for all season usage and with decent tread life.
  7. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I run dunlop radial rover RT's and they are pretty aggressive yet have good road manners and have great traction in the snow for a AT tire. I've ran yokohama geolander 2's on a 1/2 ton and had good expereince. Both of these tires can be had for under 130$ a peice. I bought em from tirerack.com. Both tires I ran in a 265 75 r 16. Look at the weight rating though, take what ever the tires capacity is in pounds and multiply by 2 for each axel. Even though the dunlops arnt E range they do work for me.

The dulers and the revos are well liked by most of the 2500HD guys also.....

lotsa people will push the BFG AT's but IMO although they are a good tire they are a bit overpriced.