1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire Size 1993 F350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PabstBlueRibbon, Aug 29, 2010.

1. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

So im looking for some mud tires and I want to know what the largest size tire I can fit on my truck is. It is stock suspension, and I have 285/75R16 now. I would like to go to a 35/12.5 if possible. How do you go about figuring out what you can get away with.

2. PabstBlueRibbon

33's or 35's are what I am interested in. And a correction I have 265/75/16R

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

my friend is got 35 mudders on his 94 f350 stock he had to cut the sides of the bumper out cause they rub up against it.

4. PabstBlueRibbon

My truck is mint so there will be no fender cutting, Looks like 35's are out. Im thinking 285 or 315's now

5. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I have a 95 ford 250 and 285 is the largest I can use 315s hit the fenders Hope this helps

6. PabstBlueRibbon

Awesome that was i was thinking the largest i can go.

7. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i run 33x12.50 on the stock suspension of my 96 f350. i bet 35's would fit, but there may be some rubbing when turning the wheel all the way.

8. PabstBlueRibbon

I think 285 will fill it quite nice, do you have any pics of the 33's?

9. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

285/75/16 size equates to a 32.8"x11.2" tire - you should have no problems at all with these fitting. too wide for snowplowing in my opinion, but they will fit without issue.

there are many pics of my truck in the below link. the first set of pics is with the 33"x12.5" tires. the second set of pics with the black steel rims are the stock size 235/85/16 tires i use for plowing.

all of these pics are with 100% stock suspension - but the suspension is in good shape. theres a lot of these trucks around with "tired" springs that may cause a problem with 33" tires.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=91106

10. PabstBlueRibbon

I am sticking to my 265's for plowing they work great, I want a more aggressive tire for when we go out mudding as for im tired of getting stuck!

11. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

315's are 35s

12. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

285's rubbed on my 96 I had to just cut the corner on the bumper of the passenger side on mine.

13. PabstBlueRibbon

Springs got tired! Im either gonna install the 2" leveling kit or put in F450 shackles to get the ride height up so that shouldnt be a problem

14. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I have had 3 of these trucks & run 33's on all of them. You do not have to cut anything, just take the bumper off & space it out with washers It will take less than half an hour & no cutting. My latest truck was already cut because the guy that owne dit was too lazy to take 4 bolts out & space it out. I have run 33x12.5x16.5 Courser M/T's & love them for mud but they get a little loud after 10,000 miles.