1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire recommendations for '00 Chev 2500

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mnponyexpress, Oct 23, 2011.

1. mnponyexpress

mnponyexpress Junior Member
    from MN

We use our truck/plow on our 800ft class 5 driveway. Have used it for the past three years (in MN) w/ the tires that were on it when we purchased the truck. (Goodrich Radial Long Trail TA- highway tire...) It's time to replace the tires and we are looking for suggestions on appropriate tires to consider. Looking for an all season type of tire. The other use of our truck is for pulling horses. (Mileage is bad enough.... don't want to make it any worse...) Thus far the tire places I 've talked w/ are suggesting: Firestone Transforce AT; Cooper ATR; Cooper ST Max; Goodrich Trac Com TA- but these are the sales people.... Appreciate your suggestions!

2. Look into treadwight.com great tires at a nice price.

3. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

I've had 4-5 sets of 285 75 16 Transforce A/Ts on a few trucks. Overall a good tire. Lots of traction, not loud, but it is an AT not a highway tire, Handle average. The downside as with most tires of work use we only get about 25k mi on a set. We are always either towing or plowing though on country roads, highways are rare for us. We pay 7-800 mounted and out the door depending on the sale. Currently looking for a budget set for a dedicated plow truck.

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Goodyear silent armor. Great year round tire and they wear good. Tread depot has some of the best prices I have seen on them.