1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tire question

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by jeepwannab, Nov 23, 2008.

1. jeepwannab

jeepwannab Member
    from ny

any one ever heard of "peerless force a/t 4" ? cant find much info on them, and theres a guy that has a mess of them for $50 a set and he claims there great in the snow, if so, any good for plowing or no? thanks

2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

If they are brand new for $50 bucks a set, I'd be cautious. The Peerless Force 4 A/T was one of the tires that were a part of that big lawsuit that involved Firestone tires falling apart on Ford SUVs. Remember that?

3. jeepwannab

jeepwannab Member
    from ny

i remember the firestone part, didnt know these were a part of that, you dont happen to know how they are in the snow, i know it sounds stupid but if they work good id buy them, i only need a set of good cheap tires for a back up jeep for city use only, they are brand new and i didnt buy them yet because i thought it was a little weird that he has 10+ sets of tires iv never heard of for $50 a set, thanks

4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I have no personal experience with them so I can't help you there.

5. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Is it a private party or dealer or what?

C.

6. jeepwannab

jeepwannab Member
    from ny

private party