1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tire question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bigwhitesierra, Nov 16, 2008.

1. bigwhitesierra

bigwhitesierra Junior Member

Found a good deal on Dakota Definity tires for my 05 Sierra 2500. I had Dakota Definity's on my last truck (03 Silverado 1500) and had good luck with them. Heres my question.... Looking at the 265 / 75 /16 E. They stock that size with both LT and P ratings. However, the only way to get the E load range is to go with the P....the LT tires are only C load range. Make sense? Just trying to figure out, if any, the difference between the Passenger rated, and the Light Truck rated.

Thanks....

2. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

Pass E is usually for 15 Passenger Vans while LT Es are usually for Trucks.

3. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

c rated tires used to squat my frt end with the plow up. i wouldnt go that route. i run e rated tires and the frt end doesnt move at all when the plow is up. tires make the difference. i have pro comp all terrain tires and i love them. look into them. they have a 50k thread guarentee and they work wonderful in the snow. plus they are prob the same price as the pep boy specials that you are lookin at. look into them. www.procomptires.com, i am running 265's and i payed 550 bucks with shipping for all 4 tires.

4. bigwhitesierra

bigwhitesierra Junior Member

So I guess my question is....is LT and P the same tire?