1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by I8URVTEC, Dec 7, 2006.

1. I8URVTEC

I8URVTEC Junior Member

I have a 2005 Silverado 2500HD Deisel. Attached to it I have a 6-1/2" strait blade Boss plow. I'm looking for tires with a little more agressive tread than what comes stock on the vehicle. I'm just not sure how much increasing the tire size will affect the ride height of the plow. Does anyone have any recommendations for good tires? Thanks.

2. RP AUTO REPAIR

RP AUTO REPAIR Junior Member

Thats A Small Blade For That Truck Gonna Be Runnin Over Snow The Yokohama Geolander Is An Exelent Tire For The Price

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Dueler AT Revo. You won't be disappointed!

4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

That is what I am getting for my 05 Ram 2500 CTD...

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

6. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i have Goodyear mt/r i like them.

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I have them, Im disappointed.. Good tires for snow and rain but they wear very fast.

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Must be driving habbits. I have over 30k on mine and they don't look any different. I had them on a Grand Cherokee with over 60k on them when I sold it, plenty of tread left.

9. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I8URVTEC?
    As in Vortec? Bring it buddy!!!!
    Any time you wanna run, let me know.
    As for the tires, If you got a diesel, buy cheap ones so you can keep the rest of your money for injector pumps. Besides, Diesels wont spin em, so cheap is ok.

Just messin with you:nod:
    I like lots of tires. Depends on what all you use the truck for. Winter and Summer tires?
    Lots of variables.
    Good luck

10. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I think it's V-TEC, as in Honda. Diesels won't spin tires? I can make just as much tire smoke with my truck that I could with my Z28.

11. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog Member

tires...

Been running Medalist ( BFG?) Mud King radials on my '93 for quite awhile now- excellent , meaty tire for the buck( run 265/75 16's on a 93 K2500 ) I believe that Medalist is a "house brand for Bfg. 'Rude Dog

12. I8URVTEC

I8URVTEC Junior Member

Sorry, let me clarify the user name. It's supposed to be pronounced I Ate Your V-Tec. I'm big into Mustangs and it's fun beating up on the ricers. I just figured I would use my same user name here as I do on the Mustang forums. Thanks for the tips on the tires by the way. One more question...what is the biggest tire size I can run and not interfere with the ride height of the plow?

Also, I must have been smoking something when I typed my first message. My plow is really 7-1/2' not 6-1/2" haha.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  13. SnowGuy73

Very mature......

14. SnowGuy73

I had them on my 2001 Dodge Ram and they lasted a while but these ones are wearing real fast.

15. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

do you think it is due to the added weight of the Cummins??

16. I8URVTEC

I8URVTEC Junior Member

I just checked and the stock tires are 245/75-16. Basically I'm looking for a tire with fairly aggressive tread that will fit on the stock wheels and provide the best traction for plowing. My stock tires now have 21k miles on them and the tread is a little too warn to use in the winter. I am new to buying these kind of tires so if anyone has a link to an online tire dealer it would be a big help. Thanks.

17. I8URVTEC

I8URVTEC Junior Member

18. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

tirerack.com when you find a tire you can read what others have to say about it.

19. tires

michlen ltx a/t or cooper snow grove check them out !!

20. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

Cooper Cooper Cooper

Man if you people really plow snow you need to look at a tire that is made in snow country. Check out the cooper s/t or the cooper m+s both of these tires handle like no other in the snow. So keep those cheep jap and china made tires on the rack and buy american. Would you buy plow made overseas?? then why tires USA:salute: :salute: