1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by shooter, Mar 28, 2005.

1. shooter

shooter Junior Member

I just bought a 1990 3500 dually 4x4 and was wondering what size tires would you guys recommend ?

What is on there seems small for this truck and would like to get new ones before next season.

Thank you in advance.

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

You will probably have the same problem I did. Anything larger than 235/85R16's will rub against each other on the duals. You can judge that by the gap between them now. If it is around 1/2" or less forget it.

I beat that with a bolt-on spacer (not the cheapie slide-on). They are a little controversial but seem ok so far.

I wrapped mine in LT255/85R16's but they aren't available in a lot of brands. Depending on the width of the spacer (mine are 1.5") you can use all kinds of more common sizes.

Supposedly there are rims with a different offset around but I have yet to see any.