1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire Pressure

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by derekmorse, Nov 23, 2008.

1. derekmorse

derekmorse Junior Member
    from MA

Hello everyone... I just got new tires, they are Load Range E 80 PSI tires. My truck is a 2002 2500HD. My question is what pressure are you guys running at during everyday use? I use the truck for sandblasting and I sometimes have a lot sand in it but not all the time. The dealership said 50 in the front and 80 in the rear. Also When plowing, should I increase the front tires to something above 50? Thanks a lot in advance!!

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I run 50-60 front and 80 rear. In the winter months, all four are at 80 psi. These are load range E as well

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

You should go by what the sticker says on the driver side door.

4. derekmorse

derekmorse Junior Member
    from MA

Unfortunately, the sticker on my door had worn completely out before I bought the truck. Any idea what it might have recommended?

5. Quality SR

I just went and checked my '04. My sticker says: Cold 55 psi Front and 80 psi for the rear. The tire size is 245/75/16. Hope this helps.

6. derekmorse

derekmorse Junior Member
    from MA

ok cool, thanks a lot for checking your sticker! I appreciate it!

7. Quality SR

No problem. I know they are 2 different years. But they are both 2500hd's so i think it will be right.

8. derekmorse

derekmorse Junior Member
    from MA

I would assume the same! Thanks!