1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire Pressure

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by M&A Property Maintenance, Oct 20, 2006.

1. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I have a 03 f250 extended cab with BF goodrich all terrains on it. the fuel door says that i should run 55 psi in front and 70 in the rear. now i know that they have this this way for towing trailers and what not, so when i plow, should i flip the pressure?? 70 in front, and 55 in rear??
  2. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

For our trucks and vans at work we normally skip the vehicle recomendations and go with the psi rating on the tires, if you don't carry the amount for the tires and you have a problem you won't get them warrentied. For a four wheel drive on the road you want them the same anyway. Just my two cents.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Why would you follow what the sticker on the door says when those recommendations are for a different tire?

I max out my tire pressures according to the sidewall pressures all the time. Plowing or pulling trailers, they're both heavy, so they get the max.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My Tire Guy tells me the same thing.
    Run the max pressure marked on the tire sidewall and check it every time the plow is on. The owner of the shop and his son plow so they are familiar with the work involved