1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire Pressure

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gino, Oct 24, 2005.

1. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

I checked my tire pressure today and they were all low. I had just taken it into the dealer for an oil change and supposedly they check tire pressure. The door jam says the front should be 60 psi and the rear should be 80 psi. So I went ahead and pumped em up to spec. Would the dealer have underinflated them for a better ride? Both the fronts were at 55 psi and both the rears were at 70 psi. Like it had been done by the mechanic on purpose. Maybe this explains why I am only getting 9-10 miles per/gallon. Do you guys follow the specs on the door jam or what?
  2. twodan

twodan Member

mine are set like yours now, 60/80, but the back end does jump over bumps when turning slowly; rides much better with a load.
  3. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

Was it cold out when you checked?
    I adjust my pressure as I add weight; plow, sander, sand etc.
  4. gkm

gkm Senior Member

hey gino, Iijust did the same. had oil change last week, than my tires seem to low and fill them up to 60/80:cool:
  5. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I was an ASE certified autobody tech. and auto parts specilist. if you do not have a hevy load you can lower the air pressure for a smoother ride but when you have a hevy load you need to rise the pressure or the tire do not where evenly.
  6. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

Great. Thanks for the tip. Maybe I am crazy but to me it seems to actually ride better with the tires filled to spec. But I know that makes no sense??