1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire pressure

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by hbrady, Aug 11, 2016.

1. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

Just wondering what other RAM 2500 / 3500 owners run for tire pressure during plowing season.

I was thinking about this last night because I haul a 6K camper with weight distribution hitch. I run the standard 60 psi front, 80 psi rear but you would think since the weight is distributed I'd be better off running 80 psi all around. I would also think during plow season 80 all around would be best.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

with the weight distribution hitch run 60-80 as the hitch is just distributing the wight, ie putting some weight back onto the front.

when plowing i add an additional 10-15psi to the front.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I run mine at max pressure all the time. My front end feels sloppy if I don't.

4. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

Thanks guys, makes sense to me. I'm sure the ride will improve o_O Actually, may work to my advantage. The wife may complain even more about the ride and I can justify new Bilsteins all around Thumbs Up