1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire Pressure Gauge

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fortywinks, Nov 18, 2009.

1. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

Anyone have issues with the Chevy electronic tire pressure gauge on their dash? Mine is reading real high on the front and real low on the rears. Checked them with a manual gauge and according to that my inflation is right at specs. But once inside the truck its like the system has the readings reversed. Anyone have an idea? Forgot to mention 2007 2500HD Crew Cab NBS. Yes I can go to dealer but if there is something simple I'm missing I'll take care of it myself and save the time and fuel.

2. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

the sensors learn their position.....have you rotated the tires recently?
  3. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

They are probably due for a rotation shortly. The whole thing is just kind of strange as the manual readings on the back tires are showing up eletronically on the front and vice versa. I've double checked this stuff in the past and its always been right on. What made me check was a message that the rear tires were low by 13-14psi so even though they looked OK I obviously checked them. The pressure was within 2-3 psi of what is recommended. Same with the front. So after filling with air the rears are reading 70 psi manually and about 60 electronically. The fronts are reading just over 60 manually and 74 electronically. I will re-check tomorrow at work.