1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tire place stoled our plow brackets

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by americanlawn, Nov 22, 2008.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn Junior Member
    from Midwest

This happened 4 or 5 years ago while we were getting new tires on 3 snow plow trucks.. Two of us drove each truck to the tire place. When we returned to pick up the 3rd truck, we noticed the plow frame was missing. We approached the owner of the tire shop before we left. He said he had no knowledge.

We reported the incident to our insurance company, and they sent a rep to the tire guy. The rep got nowhere. So we couldn't do anything about the theft.

Then I talked to our Western V-Plow dealer..........they said it takes an impact wrench to get it off. They asked if the truck had recently been on a lift at a mechanic shop. We told them yes. They said this happens on a regular basis cuz it allows theives can steal plows quickly & easily.

We have never bought tires from the guy since then. Also found out that he often hires "tweakers" with felony records. .

2. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

I think I would have called the cops to have a police report filled out and the tire place interviewed. Too bad you noticed the frame missing after you left the place.
    Unbelievable.

3. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I would of either left with my brackets or in cuffs...