1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire P.S.I?

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by silvrevo, Nov 14, 2014.

1. silvrevo

silvrevo Member
    from MidWest

Say guys,

Do you run more psi in your tires with the blade installed ?

I have Goodyear duratracs , a 10 ply tire.

Or do you just run what the factory recommends?

Thanks a lot!

2. silvrevo

silvrevo Member
    from MidWest

I have a 2013 tundra by the way.
    Tires say max 80 psi on the sidewalls.

Thanks guys!

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I usually go 5 under max pressure.

4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I run at 72 in all four year 'round.

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I run my tires at 50 PSI. I probably should run more but, I like the nice ride.

6. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Normally what I do also.

But also depends what vehicle. When yours came new did it come with 10 ply or 8 ply tires? If it came with 10 ply stock, just go by the door sticker, maybe add 5 pounds on the front.

My 97 F350 says 80 rear and I think 65 on the front, I run 70 front, and 75 rear. But most of my weight is on the front, empty flatbed on the back.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I think mines the same 80 rears and 55 front. Ah it's a trk it rides ruff

8. sktboy150

sktboy150 Junior Member

I run 60 PSI on all my trucks all year, never have a problem.

9. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

My door sticker says 95psi front, 110psi rear. I run 100 front and 110 in rear except when plow is on, I bump the front to 105. I'm on my second set on the front and the first set, that I ran at 95 had inner and outer edge wear, that is why I bumped to 100. My truck has a 19,500 GVW, so about the only way I would have a good ride would be to run about 30psi at all 4 corners.

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What make, model and size plow are you running?

A light home 7ft str8 or a 10ft Veee with wings.
    And how much weight do you have in the box?

11. silvrevo

silvrevo Member
    from MidWest

I have a 7.5 vxt.

And I also have 400 lbs in the bed.

I had the tires set at 60 ft and 40 rear.

Now the issue I have is when I went to install the blade in my garage, which is very flat, with of course a slight angle to drain water out into the driveway.

My bracket on the truck was hitting higher, and after several tries I had to get out the floor jack and jack the blade up about 3/4 inch , then it set into place.

So then this morning taking off the blade, it would release all the way, and I had to jack up the blade so it would pop up out of the bracket.?

This is probably because I have weight in the back, and more air presure in the front tires. Whats your thoughts?

And thanks.

12. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

If the plow is just sitting on the floor (you don't move it after it's off), you could always put boards under it so that it is more level with your truck. Ballast does change the truck angle, of course. My Western has a chain lift, so it's easy for me to move the headgear to line it up with the truck mounts.

13. silvrevo

silvrevo Member
    from MidWest

I had the Boss guy adjust something on the plow itself, and now it releases and attaches just fine!

Thanks