1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire help anyone?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Hammer24, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Hammer24

Hammer24 Junior Member

I have a new style (then) 2002 1500 SLT quad cab, it came with stock 275/60/R20 's...tires are used up and I'M NOT REPLACING!!! To Damn Expensive! :yow!: Anyways, I have bought 17" rims and when I do a tire conversion I come up with 285/70/R17's to match the circumference and not have to recalibrate the speedometer. My question is will these fit without rubbing the upper A-Frame or any other parts on the inside of the wheel. There doesn't seem to be much room behind there with the ones I have on there now. Thanks for any info on this matter

2. moosey

moosey Senior Member

You should be ok with that tire size. Any bigger and you would rub. I had 315/70/17 on my '01 and they rubbed. Have 295/70/17's now and no rubbing. But the tires you want at 285/70/17 are expensive. I paid $120 a tire.

3. Hammer24

Hammer24 Junior Member

Thanks for the reply Mossey...I know that the tire wont rub on the wheel well I was wondering if it would rub on the A-Arm behind the tire as it looks like theres not much room between that and the tire. The 20" tires are $225...thats why I'm going with the 17" tires. Thanks again for any info.:salute:

4. jrush

jrush Member
    from ct

The 20's are an option, they don't modify anything to put them on. I have the 17's because there is no way I'm puttin 20's on my work truck or paying for the rubber!! If you call the dealer they'll be able to tell you 100%

5. moosey

moosey Senior Member

Hammer24, with the bigger tires there was rubbing on the a arm but with the smaller tires the 295/70/17's there is none. You will be happy with your purchase. And yes the 20in are Optional but they don't tell you that.