1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire chains??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Agent Orange, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Junior Member

Does everyone/anyone use tire chains when they plow? Here in Colorado even little old ladies drive with chains on...do you want them on when you're plowing or not? and what kind of chains? Thanks..

2. Agent Orange

Ahhh...Thanks..

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

no one uses chains here

4. Agent Orange

Thank you..that was all I was looking for..

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

But out by you guys do plow with chains on

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a couple of sets. Bought some really nice welded V bar chains last year. Plowing is so easy with them on, especially with a half loaded v-box. More like running a piece of heavy equipment. If I had a tight route, I would run them more often. But my spread is about 10 miles in three directions. I have three or four real tough ones that I wil chain up for.

7. Agent Orange

Ahh..more to think about..thanks..

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It's a good idea to keep a set handy if they are legal. I don't have the cam locks, but wish I did.