1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tire Chains

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by gregdzip2, Dec 13, 2005.

1. gregdzip2

gregdzip2 Junior Member
    from ny

Does anyone here plow with tire chains on? During the last storm, I was sliding allot (sliding down an incline) and would like to know if chains would help.
    I am interested to know if you have or do use chains, what type do you use (Cable - Z patterns, or chains?)
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

i would just make sure to have a good set of tires and the proper counter weight. i have a full set(all 4 wheels) of chains the reinforced "v" bar type but have only used them once.(the municipality trucks were in the ditches).
  3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I had to use my chains on the last storm. It piled up fast. If you have packed snow or some ice on the road then you will get some grip from the chains. I start out the snow season with new tires just to get the best traction I can.