1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tire air valve extentions

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Jay brown, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

anyone know of a good place to get tire air valve extentions and dual wheel equilizers with the attached guage. my trailer inside tires are so hard to fill and check because the holes in the wheels are so small, just thought if i had these i would run propper pressuse more often. thanks jay

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

perfect, just what i was looking for thanks

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i will throw in my .02 worth. adding the equalizer system just adds that many more places for a leak to happen. if you get a flat, chances are you will now have 2 flats, since all the air will be let out of both tires.

5. tctrekker

tctrekker Junior Member
    from Ohio

Jay,
    I thought I could have some input here. The cross fire and the visualizer are pretty much the same.
    When either tire starts to lose air the equalizer system will start to feed the leaking tire with air from the good tire, but at a certain point the system will stop long before depleting the good tires air. Hopefully by then you will have noticed a problem and fix it before destroying both tires.

6. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

or if you bother tp read the whole write up on this product you will see that it cuts off to the tire leaking air and sends a warning signal seen from over 30 feet away so that on a worst case you only lose one tire NOT both