1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TIR3 problems...

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Humvee27, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Well, I searched and wasn't able to find an answer to this yet so here goes....My new tir3's are just solid, they will not change when I apply positive vdc to them...any hints? Anyone else have this with new tir3's? Thanks for the help....

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

send them back

3. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

You think there just bad ones?

4. Mstrfxit12

Mstrfxit12 Junior Member

A little more info might help a diagnosis a bit but my thoughts. You state "when you apply B+ to them" Is this when you apply it to the red wire or to the scan lock wire. It has been a while since I installed some TIR3's but if I recall correctly leaving the scan lock wire connected for longer than a second will drive the scan lock back one pattern which should be solid. Have you tried applying B+ to the scan lock wire for less than one second to step it through the flash patterns?

5. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

what color wire are you applying this power to? And for how long are you applying this power?

6. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

For my lights white/violent is the scan lock which I apply the positive vdc to in order to get it to change. In my schematic, grey is sync, black is ground, and yellow (listed as color in the schematic) is positive....I've tried less then a second to about 5 seconds...I have other ones that I replaced the two bad ones this morning.....the bad ones are just not working....

7. Fiafighterdude

from ME

i did have a tir3 like that and the patterns would not change they ended up being bad so i sent them back

8. Fiafighterdude

from ME

but that would be rare to have 2 bad ones also what color wires dose the light have

9. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

sounds like the flasher is bad in the units. call your supplier and talk to them about exchanging them out.

10. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Thanks for all the comments guys....I talked to my supplier, swapped them out no questions asked, they are amber....just probably a bad batch...I'll be posting some pics of them soon where I mounted them...I put them on one of my salt spreaders because I back out on the roadways so much I figured a little more light back there wouldn't hurt......

11. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

glade to hear your guy swapped them out with out problems. My old guy was a jerk when it came to stuff like that, hince the "old guy" term.

12. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Yeah, I know whatcha mean....I got mine from the same place I got my one of my plows...good service, delivery, everything. I'm pretty happy with them.