1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TIR 3 and similar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fatboyNJ, Feb 21, 2011.

1. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

looking for stand a alone LEDs for a buddy of mine on the fire dept...hes intersted in the TIR 3 or 4 style, any one have suggestions on what to go for or other options that meet that style?

thanks
    gary

2. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I just ordered Strobes N' More E3 surface mount, they are bright as the whelens and others, at $40 each plus free shipping you can go wrong. Im a happy customer. :)

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'm a sound off guy. I like the Mini LED3s they have.

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

tir3 and linz are nice. There's several manufactures with similar products out there, they are very similar. My buddy has Tomar Rect surface mount leds in the grille of his car, they are by far the brightest I've seen yet!

5. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

X2 on the strobesnmore E3's, i just installed them last week. I put my truck next to our first responder that has TIR3's and could tell no difference. Great price as well.

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Tomar Rect13 is the smallest footprint and they are less than half the thickness of the Whelen/sound off style - check them out. Only about $40 each online too. Putting 2 of them on the rear quarters of mine soon.

7. tomx20

tomx20 Member

I have 2 amber whacker junior lights (tir3 style) that I'm not using. Still new in the box. $60 for the pair shipped.... PM me if you're interested