1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tips/Tricks for Plowing w/ a Skid Steer?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by LyaecS175, Sep 17, 2008.

1. LyaecS175

LyaecS175 Junior Member
    from RST

Hey guys, we just got a new Bobcat S175 with 7ft snow blade to plow our driveway in the winter, and being new to both plowing and operating a skidsteer, I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks.

Do you plow with the loader arms in the float setting so that the blade rides on its pads over bumps and things, or do you constantly adjust the loader arms to provide the appropriate downpressure? Anyone have any good in-cab videos of plowing with a bobcat in the winter?

I'm getting excited for the snow :)
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You may get more responses in the "heavy equipment" forum. That's where I get info on skidders.
  3. LyaecS175

LyaecS175 Junior Member
    from RST

Any chance a mod could move this thread over to that forum so I don't double post?
  4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

ahhh just double post, i wont get mad but then again im not a mod lol :D
  5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

#1 piece of advice

don't hit nothing.