1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tips on starting your own plow business by Mr. Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 9, 2006.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Well now,
    I think I will start a plowing business!!!

That was pretty funny. Do you know where I can get a cool jacket?
    LOL

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Can someone help me out here? This seemed like some kind of farce, but it has a referral site and a place for contractors to be listed. The company "Whistle While You Work" which is owned by Karen and Steve Shackles, is sponsored. Karen is/was a member here as well as a member of SIMA.

Just not sure what to make of all that.

5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

actually it did give me a good idea. putting the fliers on cars, i didnt think of that and im getting pretty desperate for some customers. :cry:

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

From that site "Place flyers on every car in a large parking lot. " Can you even imagine the wide area represented by these cars at any given time? Getting any three within a mile of each other would be good. I think it'd be a waste of time and advertising money. Don't get too eager, we haven't had the first good snow yet.