1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tips on cleaning a 1999 f250 after the storm

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by zrain25, Jan 22, 2012.

1. zrain25

zrain25 Member

Any tips on how to get a 99 f250 salt free after a storm

2. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I have a dirt lot that I put the truck in and let the lawn sprinkler run under it for a 1/2 hour or so.
    Or spray it at the car wash.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Same way as a 2012 ,go to the car wash.

4. zrain25

zrain25 Member

Ya I know that I do that every storm. Iv heard of spraying water down the 2/4 hole on the bed rail

5. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

the car wash is easy...

6. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

I spray down the truck with hot water, wash the truck with turtle soap and rinse with hot water. The wood boiler heats the hot water tank through a heat exchanger so other than the wood it is free hot water. I spray the fuel/brake lines the best i can and i keep them painted/undercoated every yr to prolong them rotting off.

7. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Common sense,...No offense really but I'm confused. Did you think that the year, make, or model of the truck would make a difference in how to get it clean.

If you have access to, or a friend who has one, a hot water pressure washer is great in the winter for cleaning anything off.

8. zrain25

zrain25 Member

I know it's common sense I know how to wash my truck. My whole underside is coated in por 15, on the 05 models there are two openings on the top of the front fender under the hood that you can put water in to clean the inside of the fender,

9. zrain25

zrain25 Member

I was wondering if there are thOse acces points on a 99