1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tips Needed on 2012 Ford F-350 Install

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bltp203, Jan 1, 2012.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Just picked up my 2012 F-350 Diesel and will be wiring up the truck for my 9.2 VXT. Just wanted to see if anyone had a install tips from 2011+ to make things go smoother. I already read about NOT switching from truck lights to plow lights with the lights already on.

Any ideas on where to tap the keyed power source, where to bring the harness through the firewell, etc...

Any tips would be welcome. I was a Dodge guy for 11 years, so this will be all new to me.
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Never done a Boss, but the western mounts are drill free.

Removing the grill is the hardest thing and its not that hard.

3. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

what happens when you switch from truck lights to plow lights when they are already on??? i got my vplow installed on my new super duty and nobody told me anything about that.
  4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Here is the thread.

Install is going well so far. Found that the factory grommet on the firewall is large enough to accept the wiring harness. Mounted solenoid on firewall.

Tell you what though, not a lot of room under the hood of a 6.7 diesel.