1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tips if you have lots of snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by THREE W, Dec 23, 2008.

1. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

I have been plowing for several years. the area I live in averages about 18" of snow annually, Our average snow storm is around 2-4"

I Currently have over 2' of snow on the ground, I have plowed with the storms, we have plowed everyday for the last 10 days. The problem is with some if the small parking lots we are quickly running out of space. I run two trucks with plows but no other equipment (tractor,bobcat,backhoe etc.)

We knew we where going to have some large storms and tried to plow with that in mind, and tried to keep pushing back the sides and piles as much as possible.

Keep in mind this is an area that does not get much snow so trying to rent/borrow any type of equipment is tough because everybody is running them.

Any of have any tips that might help keep our piles back. Thanks
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

If there's no room there is no room.

See if the customer wants it removed, or they can have more of there lot filled up with snow.

There will be companies with loaders and dump trucks wanting to take that snow off of your hands...

good luck
  3. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

Drive an hour or two away for a bobcat if you need to. Sometimes the money is worth the extra drive and time to rent one for a week or two. Try the nationwide rental places like Sun and see if they will deliver one to you. A lot of times they will truck them in from neighboring states if needed. Around here we get $100 per hour for Bobcat work.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

you have to plow for the worst right from jump.imo push as far as you can lifting blade ever so gently as to not tear up your yard. its more of an art form but can be learned imo or ram them banks at speed. lol